If you are in process of evaluating and choosing an IT Service company, you must read this!
IT support and services companies specialize in providing assistance to businesses so they can better utilize and make the most of their modern information technology systems. With the rapid and constant changes in technology, it’s just natural for anyone to experience a bit of difficulty trying to cope with the latest trends. To make the transition and learning a lot better, more productive, and time-efficient, IT service firms are here to help.
However, choosing the right IT company for your business is not easy!
In this day and age, modern technologies act as a double-edged sword to many businesses. On the bright side, companies utilize the latest technologies so they can provide better business solutions and services to their target markets. The speedy and constant technological transitions however, make it a bit difficult for many businesses to adapt to the latest trends in the industry. Indeed, being left out in the technology department these days can create a negative impact on your business. It’s a good thing companies can turn to IT consulting services with business solutions experience so they can have more success in adapting to the latest system infrastructures and modern technologies for business utilization.
In eastern Massachusetts, there are many Boston based IT companies . The IT industry has expanded in recent years, with many companies offering multiple services, from computer repair to networking, business program creation, website development, e-commerce development and more.
Before setting an appointment with an IT consultant, it is necessary that you first determine all of your IT needs. This way, you can find the perfect IT service company to work for you. For your guide, here’s a list of the do’s and don’ts when dealing with an IT consulting firm:
- Do not forget to check their credentials. Meeting your IT needs can be a very expensive process, especially if you are hiring the wrong people. Experienced IT consultants can help you maximize your IT resources without having to spend much. Don’t forget to check their credentials, including their history, years in business, experience and education, and certifications. You really want to be sure you are dealing with legitimate IT solution providers.
- Do check the rates. The intense competition among IT professionals has led to the lowering costs of IT services. It is important that you shop for rates so you can find the deal that will give you the best value for your money. But of course, you don’t want to compromise the quality of the services by considering the price alone. You have to balance everything.
- Don’t settle for less. Given the fact that you have many choices, why settle for IT consulting companies that offer low-quality services? You need to conduct research on your own to filter out incompetent IT consultants. Know everything that you can; their business standing, length of experience, background of their engineers, and so on. Yes, you have to be a wise client. This way, you can get the service you want at a price you can afford.
Employing IT consulting services is highly recommended, not only to keep up with the latest business trends, but also to make the most of modern information technology systems. Take full advantage of what technology has to offer by learning modern system infrastructures and utilizing these to meet your business goals.
If you are evaluating your current IT services provider or planning to hire a new one, the following checklist can help you in your process. A reliable, competent IT Service company should score a “YES” to every one of the following points. Otherwise, you could be paying for sub-standard support AND be wide open to a very expensive, and frustrating computer disaster:
- Do they answer their phones “live” and respond to support issues in 1 hour or less?
- Are they remotely monitoring your network 24-7-365 to keep critical security settings, virus definitions, and security patches up to date?
- Do they INSIST on monitoring an offsite as well as an onsite backup, or are they letting you rely on outdated tape backups?
- Do they INSIST on doing periodic test restores of your backups to make sure the data is not corrupt and could be restored in the event of a disaster?
- Have they provided you with written, network documentation detailing what software licenses you have, critical network passwords, and hardware information, or are they the only person with the “keys to the kingdom?”
- Do they consistently (and proactively) offer new ways to improve your network’s performance, or do they wait until you have a problem to make recommendations?
- Do they provide detailed invoices that clearly explain what you are paying for?
- Do they explain what they are doing and answer your questions in terms that you can understand?
- Do they complete projects on time and on budget, or does every project end up taking longer and costing more than you expected?
- Do they offer any guarantees on their services?
- Do they arrive on time and dress professionally?
- Do they have other technicians on staff whom are familiar with your network in case your regular technician goes on vacation or gets sick?
- Do their technicians maintain current vendor certifications and participate in ongoing training, or do you feel as though they are learning on your dime?
- Do you have to manage their progress on projects, or do they provide frequent updates, status reports, and follow-up calls and e-mails?
- Do they offer flat-rate or fixed-fee project quotes, or do they give themselves a wide open playing field with “time and materials?
MIS Alliance passes this test and is ready to help you. Please contact us to set up a no obligation meeting to discuss your business needs.
MIS Alliance: Trusted Information Technology (IT) support for businesses throughout Eastern Massachusetts – Let us help you today!